Monday, March 25, 2019 / by Nicki Conway
1. Change HVAC filters regularly. Consider purchasing a supply of the correct sizes needed online and they'll even remind you when it's time to order them again.
2. Change batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors annually.
3. Create and regularly update a Home Inventory to keep track of personal belongings in case of burglary or casualty loss.
4. Keep track of capital improvements, with a Homeowners Tax Guide, made to your home throughout the year that increases your basis and lowers gain.
5. Order free credit reports from all three bureaus once a year at www.AnnualCreditReport.com.
6. Challenge your property tax assessment when you receive that year' ...